Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Counting my Blessings!

Growing up my Mom would always tell me how blessed I was, she would remind me that I am perfectly healthy, I can walk and run when other kids might not be able to do those things. Even though my life has been filled with difficulties and tragedy. I have SO many things to be thankful for!


Frist of all I grew up in a christian home filled with love and laughter! I had two amazing parents who poured love and understanding into me, who taught me right from wrong, who instilled in me love for God and other people. I have nothing but good memories of my childhood, I grew up with two big brothers who loved me even though I was the annoying little sister! I grew up knowing and spending time with my grandparents, I have fond memories of spending nights with Grandma along with my cousin Mario! I am so thankful for my childhood and having amazing parents who loved me and excepted me for who I am.


Second of all I grew up with two great brothers, who loved me and tolerated me when I would tell on them to Mom. I would refer to them as "the brothers" many times to my Mom. Brian is nine years older than me, so he was busy a lot of the time doing his own thing and bringing me to high school basketball games to show me off to get attention from the girls! He has been and still is someone who I look up to, he has worked hard to get to where he is!
Brad is six years older than me, so I was closer to him growing up. He was and still is my protective brother! He would talk to Mom if he thought there was something going on with me, I think sometimes he thought of himself as my second Dad. I also look up to him and how hard he has worked to get to where he is and how much of a hard worker he is! 


I am thankful for two wonderful women in my life... my sister-in-laws (more like my sisters though!) Shannon and Whitney. Both who have seen me grow up and both who love my brothers unconditionally!
Shannon has been in my life since I was twelve years old, she has seen me grow up and has walked side by side with me during the difficult times. She is someone I truly admire for her strength, her faith, and her love for her children! I so look up to her as a Mom, I only hope and pray that I will be half as good of a Mom as her! 
Whitney has been in my life since I was fourteen, so she has also watched me grow up. She is someone who has a gently spirit about her, I love hearing her laugh and seeing how much she loves my brother! She is someone that I admire for her ability to be a good listener and how patient she is.


Another great women who has been in my life since 2006 is my sister-in-law (JC's twin sister) Cassie! Ever since I met Cassie, I always felt close to her. We just have an understanding about each other that needs no words! She is someone I enjoy talking with, I enjoy spending time with her and I feel like we never run out of things to talk about! She is a great Mom and I admire her for her positive attitude about life! I love her like a sister and I look forward to a lifetime of making memories with her!


All of these people are wonderful blessings in my life and I couldn't imagine my life with out any of them! But I have to be completely honest that my greatest blessing in my life is my husband JC! 
I would not be where I am today with out him, he has blessed my life SO much with his unconditional love! I am so thankful that God brought us together, he sure knew what he was doing when he brought us together! Even before we started dating JC was always the person I went to when I was having a bad day or just needed someone to talk to. We have been through more things in the short six years that we have been together than most people have in there life time. Everything we have been through, we have made it out the other side stronger and closer to each other. JC is truly my rock, my love, and my best friend who I could not live without! I feel blessed and honored to be his wife and to be in ministry with him! 
I pray that you are all able to count your blessings and see God in your everyday life!


xoxoxo Bee

2 comments:

  1. Bee, what a beautiful blog! Your genuine thoughts and words are so encouraging - thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been so blessed with such an amazing sister-in-law!!! Love you Bee!

    ReplyDelete