Thursday, April 5, 2012

Saved by the Grace of God

As Easter is upon us I started thinking about how much God gave for us to have eternal life.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16


I don't think we will ever really know what this true sacrifice felt like to God, but we can live our lives for God to make all that sacrifice worth it. One word that I feel is very symbolic of why Jesus died on the cross for our sins is GRACE. We all stand in need of God's grace and fall short of it every single day, because we are all human! When looking in the Bible many references are made to Grace, because it is by God's Grace that we are forgiven of all our sins.

Since my days as CBC (Covenant Bible College) the word Grace has stayed with me and the effect it has had in my life is huge.  My first real knowledge of Grace and what it truly meant came from the book "The Ragamuffin Gospel" the entire book is about God's Grace and how we all need it.

Donald Mccullough puts it this way: “Grace means that in the middle of our struggle the referee blows the whistle and announces the end of the game. We are declared winners and sent to the showers.” The Ragamuffin Gospel
God is on our side and he wants us to know it, he wants us to live our lives for him and know that he will always be there to back us up... all we need to do is ask!



·     To be alive is to be broken. And to be broken is to stand in need of Grace.The Ragamuffin Gospel

     Many times in my life I have been broken and I on my knees in need of Grace. I know that whatever pain I have gone through or will go through that God will create something beautiful out of it, I know that my pain and brokenness will not go in vein. 

·     Jesus Christ nailed to the wood has carried our pain into the peace of Grace. He has made peace through the blood of his cross. Colossians 1:20

     Wow to me that says it all, so I challenge you to really think and reflect this Easter on what God's Grace looks like in your life. To me it takes many shapes and forms, and I am always in awe of all that he has truly blessed me with... many of the things I don't feel worthy of! May this Easter season hold many blessings in your life!

     XOXOXO Bee


The tattoo on my right foot, dedicated to the Gospel of Grace.
We are all saved by the Grace of God! 









No comments:

Post a Comment