Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday.

I started a new devotional at the beginning of this month, it's called "Jesus Calling" By Sarah Young. I have really enjoyed it so far and thought I would share today's devo with you!

It's all right to be human. When your mind wanders while you are praying , don't be surprised or upset. Simply return your attention to Me. Share a secret smile with Me, knowing that I understand. Rejoice in My Love for you, which has no limits or conditions. Whisper My Name in loving contentment, assured that I will never leave you or forsake you. Intersperse these peaceful interludes abundantly throughout your day. This practice will enable you to attain a quiet and gentle spirit, which is pleasing to me.
As you live in close contact with Me, the light of My Presence filters through you to bless others. Your weakness and woundedness are the opening through which the Light of the knowledge of My Glory shines forth. My strength and power show themselves most effective in your weakness.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6

Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 
1 Peter 3:4

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all- surpassing power is from God and not from us. 
2 Corinthians 4:6,7

But he said to me "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's  power may rest on me. 
2 Corinthians 12:9











No comments:

Post a Comment