Wednesday, March 14, 2012

In the Mirror

Lately the women I see in the mirror is someone I don't recognize, since I had Maggie Grace I have been struggling a lot with my body image. Having a six week recovery and not being able to exercise really bummed me out. I have been trying to eat better and exercise for the past almost three weeks now... but the weight is not coming off as fast as I would like it to! Growing up I was a dancer and I was always thin (curvy, but thin!) my Mom would always tell me how beautiful I was and that being curvy was a gift and something some girls envy.


It is sad that we live in a society were it is all about your looks and being a size 0, no thighs, no butt, and no boobs! Well I have always been the opposite of that and on top of that very petite! When I worked at Walgreens there were many times when girls that were as young as sixteen would come in and buy weight loss products, this always made my heart sad. But the pressure to be thin is always there for girls and women, in t.v. shows, in magazines, in school, in the workplace... we as women always tend to compare ourself to other women, but why should we?! God created us to all be different shapes and sizes, just think how boring it would be if we all looked the same... no one would be unique! 


"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quite spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 
1 Peter 3:3-4


So right now this is what I am struggling with, I want to be at a healthy weight and I don't want to be afraid to look in the mirror. Going out in public I feel very aware of my weight and worry what people think of me... oh just another fat lazy person. However they don't know what I have been through and that I just had a baby a little over eight weeks ago because I don't have my beautiful baby with me. I know if our Maggie Grace was here I would not be concerned about my looks I would be totally forced on her, and that is what makes it even harder for me. I know that part of my negative feelings are brought on my satan trying to tare me down and make me feel bad about myself, so I need to lean on my God who loves me just the way I am! I also need to believe my husband when he tells me that I am beautiful no matter what, I am so thankful for him!! 


Today I decided to tape some encouraging words to our full length mirror to remind myself that God loves me and that I am beautiful in his eyes! 






I am looking forward to the rest of the week and hanging out with some great people! I pray that my words speak into each of you and you find strength in the Lord when you are feeling down about yourself! Remember God loves Y-O-U, just the way you are!! 


xoxoxo Bee

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Bee! Looking forward to our tea party on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are BEEAUTIFUL!!! Just ask me when you think otherwise ;o) Keep lookin in the mirror pretty lady...

    ReplyDelete