Friday, August 10, 2012

Words for Thought!

One day the apostles said to the Lord "We need more faith; Tell us how to get it." "Even if you had faith as small as a mustard seed." the Lord answered, "You could say to this mulberry tree, 'May God uproot you and throw you into the sea,' and it would obey you!" Luke 17:6

Rather than giving the disciples a formula for increasing their faith, Jesus told them that it isn't the amount of faith that matters, but the object of faith.
The object of faith is your ability to work up enough to impress God, your faith will be as weak as your flesh. If the object of your faith is a particular outcome for your situation, your faith will be as weak as your wisdom. But if the source and object of your faith is Almighty God, even if it is weak, mustard-seed variety, your faith will be enough for whatever God allows into your life. ~ Nancy Guthrie

Some words that I read this morning in my devotional that really got me thinking about truly living in faith and relying on God to work things in our lives for his glory and ultimate purpose!
Have a blessed Friday my friends!

XOXO Bee

2 comments:

  1. What devotional do you read? I've never heard of a devotional before reading your blog, but now I am very intrested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The devotional I am reading is called "the one year book of Hope" by Nancy Guthrie... It is a wonderful devotional and has helped me tremendously on my daily walk with God!

    ReplyDelete