Saturday, August 17, 2013

Those Defining Moments in Life.

Those moments in life that help define who are as people;graduating high school, graduating college, getting engaged, getting married, getting our first grown up job, having kids, buying a house... the list goes on. And then there are those moments in life that aren't so positive and that are hard; losing a parent, losing a child, losing your job. 
These moments are defining as well but my challenge to you is to not let those negative moments define who you are! Let these moments be defining in the way that they happened and they are part of your life, but they don't define who you are... don't let them become your "label" if you will. 
I remember growing up having a mom who instilled confidence in me, confidence that I carry with me today. I remember a particular orthodontist appointment where I had something adjusted and my mouth was a mess, the classic brace face case and the orthodontist said "Don't let this hold you back or affect you at school with other kids." and I said "I won't." Leaving his office that day I felt good, confident, knowing that I wouldn't let my braces define who I was... they were just a part of me.
To this day I remember that feeling walking out of his office, I'm glad I knew what that feeling felt like at a young age. Being able to carry that with me into adulthood has helped me tremendously with the tragedies I have faced, and being able to move on in life and heal.
How ever I could not achieve this feeling all on my own, my God, my Savior is the one who gives me the strength and courage to carry on after my world has been turned upside down. On those days that I feel weak and completely human I look to him, to scripture for my strength. 
So if you are going through a rough patch right now I urge you to allow this time to be a defining moment in your life, but don't let it define who you are. Let it be a moment that can strengthen you, teach you, and hopefully someday help other people who are going through the same thing! 
xoxo Bee

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6


No comments:

Post a Comment