Thursday, June 4, 2015

Making the Connection.

I started a new Bible study with the She Reads Truth website. It's called Women in the Word, it breaks down the stories of different women through out the Bible and their how it brings meaning to women in the Bible. I'm a day behind already (welcome to being a Mom of 2 kids under 2, finding time for myself during the day can be challenging but something that I think is very important for my sanity!) Today I read scripture about Noah & his wife, as I read about how they were called to "Be still before the Lord & wait patiently for Him" all the memories of our trials over the past 4 years came flooding back!



The pain & heartache of losing a child and struggling to know why it happened and it you will ever have a child is so heartbreaking. Sometimes you feel as though you are drowning in all your emotions and don't know what God's purpose is. The only thing that gives you strength in these dark times is knowing that God is faithful and loves you more than you will ever know.

I know for me being patient with God was one of the hardest things I had to do while waiting to be blessed with a child. All though it's nothing compared to Noah & his wife's patients... did you know that it took 120 YEARS to complete the ark and fill it with supplies?! Crazy, right? So me having to wait a couple of years seems like nothing compared to what they had to go through, but when you're in the middle of the storm it can feel like eternity. 

Here are a few notes from the study that really stood out to me and spoke right into me.

* He (God) called her to believe the storm would clear and that His covenant was true. 
A very challenging thing to do, but if you hang in there through the storm God will come through in His timing! When you cling to your Lord, He holds you, listens to you & protects you. Believe me when I say that it's the most beautiful sight and feeling when your blessings arrive!

* Noah and his wife were in the middle of the storm they didn't understand but they waited for the Lord, trusting Him to be their refuge and strength. 
JC & I did not know what our future held after we lost Maggie & then the second babe, but the only way we were able to make it through was knowing that God had the situation under control and we need to trust that He would bless us in His time.

*God invited them to simply obey, and He was faithful to deliver them.
Going through trails in life you better believe that God truly will bless you with the 'peace that passing all understanding' I have experienced this several times over the past few years & know that only God can gift you with this peace.

* Even before the floodwaters swell over our head, He has already prepared a safe passage. 
God brought me through all the tragedies in my life and has blessed me beyond what I ever could have imagined. If you asked me 3 years ago if I thought I would be blessed with two children so close in age... I don't think I would have believed you. But here I am blessed with the two children God intended for us to have and I feel so honored and blessed to be their parent. 

So, hang in there friend... the storm will pass, God will bless you & the sun is shinning on you! 

XOXO Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment