Thursday, June 7, 2012

Our Weekend Getaway! Sweet Sweet Duluth!

This weekend we headed out of town for a much needed husband and wife trip to Duluth. It was a time filled with laughter, enjoying each other's company, living in the moment, limited phone use, just being, good conversations and just being in God's creation! 

We saw a lot in our short two days there, when we first got there we meet up with our good friend Chris Bob and some of his family! We enjoyed seeing him and having dinner with him, Chris Bob has been part of our life since the beginning! We went to CBC with him and he was JC's roommate for majority of the time at NPU, he has been there with us through all the ups and downs! 


On Monday we did majority of our sightseeing, it was rainy on and off but we didn't let that stop us! We drove to Two Harbors for some pie at Betty's Pies, we went there for the first time about four years ago with some friends and we have wanted to go back since! JC was really looking forward to this pie, it was a great way to start our trip with lunch and some yummy pies in our tummies we headed off to our next stop... Goose Berry Falls!


On our way! 







When we arrived at Goose Berry Falls it had just finished raining, so we started walking the path to the falls. We could hear the waterfalls from afar... last time we were here it was winter so the falls were frozen! We took in all the beauty of God's creation and enjoyed walking hand in hand and just being with each other! 





Next stop was Split Rock Lighthouse, again the last time we were there it was winter and all frozen over. It was absolutely beautiful! We took a nice hike to the beach so we could get a good view of it and listen to the water crashing to the shore. This stop was such a great reminder of how great our God is and how beautiful his workmanship is! 




Then we headed back to Duluth for dinner at a restaurant called Grizzley's, the food was great! We made our waitress laugh a couple of times just being goofy us, then we headed to Adventure Zone for some mini golf. JC beat me but only by one stroke, it was a close game then JC got a few hits in the batting cages! It was fun to spend time there and feel like a kid again, which is a feeling I have been missing a lot lately! Just being a kid and having no big worries and just being able to have fun, this is something I hope JC and I can continue to have in our marriage! 


To end the night we stopped at ColdStone for some dessert, I had an Ice Cream Cupcake! You know me and my love for cupcakes, so I had to try it and it was delicious! It had a dark chocolate "wrapper" that you could eat and the bottom part was red velvet cake and the middle was cake batter ice cream and to top it off it had frosting! SO good! JC was boring and got a shake, which I didn't want to take a picture of... but he took one anyway! 


The next morning we woke up to beautiful weather and bright blue skies, we did not want to go home! But we soaked up as much sun and activities as we could before we took off for home. We did a little shopping for souvenirs, a couple t-shirts and one of my favorite little signs that is now in our kitchen it's super fitting for us!! Then we went to lunch where I was adventurous and tried fish tacos for the first time! If you know me, I will go fishing and I love to fish but I don't eat fish. Just don't like the taste of it, but I went outside the box and tried something new, and I actually really enjoyed them! 

The awesome view from our room! 

I love my state and that we are known for being nice, so I had to get this shirt! 

JC sure is!






Fish Taco! So proud of myself! 



Next we wanted to do some more sight seeing, so we went and rented this double bike thing and rode it around and went to see the light house at the end of the dock. We also went down to the draw bridge where we were lucky enough to see it in action! The view of Lake Superior in Canal Park was gorgeous, after we finished riding around we walked around some more and went into an antic shop and had fun looking around. I love being goofy with my hubby!




After that it was time to hit the road, we made a stop at target on the way home, we stopped on the side of the road.. (where I may or may not have had to stop to pee)... JC snapped a great picture of me walking back to the car. We saw some gorgeous clouds that had angel rays coming down and I couldn't help but think of it as our Maggie Grace and my mom shinning down on us. My mom always said that those rays reminded her of angels shinning on, so I think that is why I think of her and our precious baby girl when ever I see them! 


This trip left me feeling thankful for time away with my hubby, being so in love with my hubby and appreciating him, a time to breath and step away! It also left me with a new sense of adventure, I want to experience as much as I can in this life time! So this brought me to agree to go camping with JC and we will also be buying me my very first fishing pole (besides the kiddy one I grew up with, and this is something I have been wanting to get anyway!) So I am excited to be more adventurous with my hubby, enjoy living in the moment, and soaking up life! I was thankful to have these precious little faces to come home to! 

XOXO Bee










No comments:

Post a Comment