Sunday, June 10, 2012

Less of Me.

Lately I have been trying to make my life less about me and more about God and what he has planned for my life! My prayers lately have been focused on God filling me with his spirit and helping me have more of a Christ like attitude, something that is very challenging on a daily basis. I am up for the challenge and I want my life to reflect that I am a Christ follower and that I love people no matter what... just like Christ did! 


Making my life more Christ centered I am working from the inside out, I want my heart to be filled with the spirit and for it to shine on the outside. For me to do this I feel like I need to get out of my own way and let God work in my life. To do this I need to let my past be my past and let it go, knowing that the events in my life the last two years have been difficult but I have grown and learned from them. I need to allow God to heal me and to make me whole again. I need to fully lean on God and trust in his plan for my life and lift all my concerns and worries up to him. 


All of these things are difficult, but they would be more difficult without God leading me. These will be things that I need to work on on a daily basis and I know it will not be an overnight transformation. I believe and know that it will be the work and time, I want my heart to be transformed! 


That being said I feel like God has truly opened my eyes to the fact that my life and the people in my life aren't perfect. We are all human and make mistakes, but the true test is what we do about these mistakes and how we respond to them. As christians it is easy to quote scripture and ask people "if you knew it was wrong, why did you do it?" but really we should be coming along side those people and loving them through thick and thin. After all isn't that what Christ did? We are called to love one another and to love others as ourselves. Being a Christ follower means that we should react to these situations more as Christ would rather then how we as sinners  would react. This is part of what I am working on within myself being more Christ like and being less about myself. I love this song by Chris Tomlin, "Enough" it truly describes I have been feeling lately! 


All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough

You are my supply
My breath of life

And still more awesome than I know
You are my reward
worth living for
And still more awesome than I know



All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough

You’re my sacrifice
Of greatest price
And still more awesome than I know
You’re the coming King
You are everything
And still more awesome than I know



More than all I want
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me
More than all I know
More than all I can say
You are more than enough for me




This week I am looking forward to starting a bible study and being one of the leaders for some of the graduating teen girls! I am excited to be a bigger part in these girls lives and to see how God is working in their lives! I am excited for sunny days and hopefully some time with my friends. I love girl time and having great conversations over coffee, I have had some wonderful times over a cup of coffee! I'm also excited to go to teens at the beach on wednesday, it will be great to see the kids and hang out at the beach! Hope you all have a great week! 


XOXO Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment