Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thoughts For Today....

Every morning as I read my devotional I find God speaking to me in great ways, somethings I have thought about before and others I haven't. Today's devo really spoke to me it just reminded me of how I have felt and still feel about the hurt that I have gone through in my life. Wanting God to use that hurt to further his kingdom and bring his word to people who don't know it.

In my devotion she talks about how her husband heard a speaker in college who had concluded that God cannot use someone significantly until that person has been hurt deeply. I thought that many of us dare not think to be true, but in many ways this is probably very true. I know for me if I had known the deep hurt I would face in this lifetime I would not think I would want to face it or that I could face it. However I know in my deep faith that God has already been at work through this pain and I know that he will continue to use it. I can honestly say that I pray that I will not go through as much pain as I already have been through, but I know that I need to trust God and allow him to work in my life.

She goes on to say "Perhaps you know what it feels like for a sword to pierce your very soul, to experience deep pain that seems to cut ruthlessly and defy the senses. If so, your in good company. And perhaps this soul pain is something that will make you uniquely useable to God to accomplish his purpose in the world and in your life. Do you want to be used?" Reading this it describes how I feel about the hurt I have experienced in this life, and how badly I want to be used to further the kingdom! I pray that if you have had soul pain that you know that God will use that for good and that you are not alone.

The prayer for today is; Lord, I've been pierced to my very soul, and I really didn't know I could hurt this deeply. And so at this point, if I have to go through this, please don't let this pain be wasted in my life. Use it. Use me. AMEN! I have prayed a prayer like this several times since we lost our Maggie Grace and I continue to pray that my story can touch people and give them hope in their own lives.

So these are my thoughts for today! We had lots of fun last night at the beach with the teens and today JC and I are going to spend some quality time with each other... I think it might be a movie night! I hope you are having a wonderful week!

XOXO Bee

A pic from the beach last night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment