Thursday, December 20, 2012

Preparing My Heart

Day 13: Lights
As the holiday season is in full swing and Christmas right around the corner, I find myself trying to prepare my heart. Preparing for what would have been our first Christmas with Maggie Grace, preparing for not being able to put her in a cute Christmas dress, preparing for her first Birthday. I just feel like there are many milestones just around the corner that we would have been celebrating with her/ for her. Instead we are left with that void in our life, that even as more children come in the picture I am sure will always be there. The void and absence of our first born baby... our precious Maggie Grace. They say after you lose a loved one the first's you face with out them are always the hardest, I think this is true and have been there before with missing my Mom. I would like to think of a tradition that we can do every year at Christmas time that honors both my Mom and Maggie Grace, so that our kids know about them and so they don't get forgotten. I suppose I have time until this baby growing in my belly will fully be able to comprehend why we have a tradition! Any way those have been my thoughts as of lately, preparing my heart for what is to come. 

In other news JC's dad (John) is in town now, he arrived Tuesday night and it has been wonderful having him here with us! The next few days are going to fly by with JC's busy schedule at the church and before we know it, we will be on the road to my dad's house on Christmas day! I am SO excited to see my family, bummed that Brian and Shannon won't be with us... but I will get to see them in a couple of weeks!! My prayer for this holiday season is that we all take the time to think about what a true gift that precious baby Jesus was and still is in our lives! I hope you have had a fabulous week and that this weekend is full of life giving moments! Here are some pics to catch you up on life at the Barber's! 

XOXO Bee

Day 11: Sweet... Reese's peanut butter cup

Had our last release time, my sweet 5th graders and I...
I know I'm short! 

Day 12: Hat

My sweet fur babies cuddling in bed with daddy and I! 

Made these gingerbread cupcakes with cream cheese
frosting for the youth coach dinner on friday!
Also Day 13: Something green

My sweet husband and I at the youth coach dinner! 

White Christmas, my all time favorite Christmas movie!
Such a classic! 

Day 14: Outdoors


Day 15: Something you made... the centerpiece and the cookies! 
Day 17: On the floor, my pretty Zoey girl! 

Just thought this was an awesome pic! 


Hello 16 weeks! Only 4 weeks left till we can find out boy or girl! 

I think we are having a baby boy... but we will see! 

Father and Son! Also Day 18: Makes me feel Merry!
Having family together for the holidays!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment