Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Slow to anger

I will be the first person to tell you that I am not always slow to anger, something that I am working on in this new year. I have been very aware of how quickly I get upset with Kylie when she is freaking out in her 3 year old way, lately I have been really good about taking a deep breath and not getting upset with her. Well this morning my streak ended when she got upset about something and I yelled at her and put her in her room so she could settle down. 

But as I sat here reflecting on how I reacted I realized that I may not be slow to anger but I am extremely quick to apologize when I know I didn't react how I should have. As soon as Kylie came back to the kitchen table after calming down I said I'm sorry mommy yelled at you and got upset. I am human and have flaws and yes I do yell at my kids, please forgive me! 

I can only hope and pray that I can teach Kylie to be slow to anger, but I also hope to instill in her that if she does get upset and doesn't react the correct way that she will be quick to apologize and be able to see that she was in the wrong. Man, is this parenting thing tough.. I seriously feel like I'm winging it every single day! 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you're a mommy out there that sometimes loses her cool and doesn't react the correct way 100% of the time... it's ok! Give yourself a break; you're human, you're flawed, you make mistakes, but everyday is a new day! God is a forgiving God, so let's spread some forgiveness to ourselves. 

So just keep on keeping on Mama's! 

I hope you are having a blessed week friends! Here are just a couple pics from yesterday and the other week when it was finally not too cold to go play out in the snow. I am looking forward to more sunny days and for the warmth to return. I'm so looking forward to long runs outside again.

XOXO Bee


Family fun outside building Olaf! He is now almost all melted...

My sweet boy!

Talk about 3 going on 16... when did she start looking so old?!


No comments:

Post a Comment